What Are Flooring Tiles? And Their Types.
Tiles have become very popular for flooring. Using floor tiles can make the house look more ravishing. Moreover, tiles also increase the overall cost of the house. Tiles are mostly used in big houses that make the appearance of the house more impressive. It is very common, we use the same titles on both the floor and wall of the house. In a modern house in many countries like Australia, use the tiles.
Types of Flooring Tiles:
The tiles are made of different materials. Based on material the floor and wall tiling is divided into different categories. Some of them are discussed as follows.
- Travertine: It is a natural stone. Its texture is very different. It is the type of limestone. The rough texture of this floor, wall tiles, attracts everyone’s attention. This type of wall and floor tiles are used indoors as well as outdoor. Most of the travertine flooring titles are used in halls, temples, etc.
- Ceramic: The flooring tiles that are made from clay are known as ceramic tiles. It included some of the impurities in the clay. Ceramic tiles are available in different colours and shapes. We can characterize the ceramic floor or wall tiles in porcelain and none porcelain. Such titles are durable. And they are probably used in homes, bathrooms. They are very easy to DIY.
- Marble: Marble is one of the common tiles for indoors. These flooring and wall tiles in glenelg are available in every colour. Marble is a stone with the quality of durability. This is a natural stone. It also increases the overall cost of the house. The use of marble flooring tiles enhances the overall look of the house and makes it more elegant. These flooring tiles consumes a lot of time. As it is needed to be polished. Moreover, marbles flooring, are quite slippery that may be caused a mishap.
- Slate: The best alternative to marble flooring tiles is slate. As it is slip-resistant so there is less chance of getting harm by slipping. It is also a metamorphic rock. It is durable and helps in keeping the room cool. These tiles are also used on walls. Due to its slip-resistant nature, it is mostly installed in the bathroom and the kitchen
- Wood Faux: Wood faux is also another type of wall and floor tiling. It looks like wood. It becomes very popular in many of the houses because it is water-resistant. But the disadvantage is that it is not available in many designs.
- Sandstone: It is a type of flooring tiles which is manufactured by adding some impurities in the silicone.
It is also available in different colours, styles, or sizes. It is used around the swimming pool, indoors and outdoors.
- Terrazzo: This type of tile consists of some small chips. It is fixed on the floor, and make the floor smooth by using some machinery. It is used in most houses also outdoors. These tiles are also long-lasting. For more informaiton please visit our website.